My father has battled prostate cancer and the after affects of surgery for over ten years. It’s a tough diagnosis and one that will affect one in seven men nationally. The statistics are overwhelming:
- About 220,800 new cases of prostate cancer
- About 27,540 deaths from prostate cancer
- 1 in 7 will be diagnosed with prostate cancer
- 6 in 10 cases are diagnosed in men age 65 and older
- Average age of diagnosis is age 66
- Second leading cause of death in men, only behind lung cancer
As always, there are important preventive measures one can take to dramatically lower your risk.